Sunday, April 8, 2018

Day out in a hilly neighborhood



Last evening, I went on a walk with my friends, in a hilly neighborhood of the town. 

I saw beautiful, decorated, quaint, brick buildings invoking nostalgia.
I saw tall, glossy, smug-looking buildings spanning the skyline, inspiring awe and submission.

I peeked into a balcony decorated with beautiful red Chinese lanterns, and beautiful potted plants precariously, yet aesthetically placed on the balcony railings.
I also saw a house whose balcony was filled with plants, the windowsill was decorated with beautiful indoor plants well-lit with an array of tube-lights.
I saw a telescope peeking to the sky from behind a glass wall from some star gazer's apartment.

I jumped under a cherry tree, shaking the branches and letting the petals shower on me.
I plucked a beautiful blue bell shaped flower with beautiful scent. They call it Bluebells, it seems.
I saw some dandelions, a few in full bloom, a few inviting to blow the seeding flower away.
There were some daffodils too, ever gorgeous, happy and diva-like.
I was curious about a cluster of bell shaped dark blue flowers, named Grape Hyacinths.

I saw the Sun hiding behind the clouds as he set into the night with all its colorful glory. I saw the cars racing through the highway with zooming speed.

I saw a homeless man scurrying along the footpath with all his possessions tightly packed in a shopping cart.

I saw night slowly embarking on the city sky. Yellow lights started to twinkle from the buildings, as well as zooming fast on the highway.

It was a nice day out in the hilly neighborhood.


4 comments: