Sunday, January 22, 2017

Two life lessons in two seconds


It is the story of the other day, when I was very relaxed and chilled out. I was not in any rush, even though I was slightly late to work.  I had to walk a little from my house, go to the other side of the highway on a over-bridge, and catch the bus right after climbing down the over-bridge. I was walking slowly, as if I have all the time in the world. I had one flight of stairs to climb down, and a bus came to the stop. I hurried up. But the bus left right at the moment I stepped on to the platform with a dramatic effect. How insensitive! I felt bad, and rejected. I scolded myself, "Opportunities won't be sitting out there waiting for you! You have to rush and hurry up, if you want to catch them!"

And right when I started lecturing myself all the wisdom, another bus came, within a second after the first bus left. And I cheered up, "Yeah! If one opportunity gets lost, no worries, another will come."

 And my day started rolling with the bus :)

4 comments: