Sunday, May 4, 2014

The beautiful ponds in ISI Kolkata

One of the Lotus Ponds @ISI, Kolkata
  I reached ISI, Kolkata early morning. After getting freshened up in the hostel allocated to me, I and my friends started walking towards the venue. The campus was a small and cozy one. It gave a feel of a beautiful village in winter morning... We had to cross a subway to reach over the other part of the campus. As we kept walking on the small walk-ways, we saw many ponds... full of wild water plants and wild flowers... I was excited! I could see the lotuses so close! I went near them, and saw the beautiful shining lotuses, their leaves and the lotus-buds. For the first time I could see them so close! They reminded why in ancient Indian texts everything beautiful was always compared with lotus! 

As I tried to move closer I saw a tiny little snake, striped in green
ISI Kolkata Campus
and brown, was lying near the steps, and bathing in the morning sun! It quickly slithered into the water hearing my foot-step...

I saw many more wild flowers... wanted to stop by each of them, but we were getting late... so moved quickly to the conference venue..

And I knew, my day was going to be awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment