Monday, May 5, 2014

Bread Omelette at Howrah Station! Yum!

As I walked towards the terminal 2 of Howrah station, I saw a series of food stalls alongside the road. In the pleasant weather of winter morning, it was a delight to see them ... the stacks of breads (pavs) and eggs, kadhais, steam coming out of it, busy cooks preparing bread omelets really fast and the crowd gathered around the stalls. I stopped at one stall and asked for a plate of bread-omelette. Most of the people were busy eating the omelets, or were staring at the kadhai ... may be salivating at the bread omelets, or staring into the blank and lost in the steam, or contemplating for the day ahead, or simply because they were not fully awake yet! When I got my plate, it was like heaven, I relished every bite of it! It was the perfect food for the cool weather and hungry morning :) 

As I paid him and walked ahead, I thanked Kolkata for the sweet farewell.

No comments:

Post a Comment